Race day registrations are limited to maps on hand. Maps are printed based on “online” registration numbers.
Saturday, 22 Feb 2020
8:30 am Registration Opens
9:20 am Beginner Orienteering Class
10:00 am Mass Start for Score O
11:30 pm Awards Ceremony (tentative)
Type – Score O
Course Available – Individual (Find as many controls as you can for points)
Course Time limit – 1 hour
Punching – All -E-Punch
Map – 1:10,000, 2.5m contour interval
Terrain – A moderately dense network of trails and forest roads in forested terrain with slight elevation. The woods vary from being very dense to quite open. Water pools significantly in this terrain so a change of shoes and socks is recommended.
Location – WG Jones State Forest, Conroe, TX
Directions – Parking: NW corner of Jones State Forest
Awards – Individual by gender & Age. Teams by group (top scores from each group)
|Online||Online||At Event||At Event|
|Member||Non Member||Member||Non Member|
|Epunch Owner||$ 8||$10||$13||$15|
CLOSES: FEBRUARY 20, 2020 – 8:00 PM!
We use an online registration system for our entries. (Tutorials below)
- Review our Payment/Refund Policy
- All Group leaders should register all of their participants
- All Groups of 4 or more should arrange one payment for all members
- Group Registration-Tutorial
- Individual Registration-Tutorial
STEP #1: REGISTER
STEP #2: PAYMENT
- Do not make payment without registering first
- Pay online with Credit Card or PayPal account
- Pay at event: (make checks payable to “Houston Orienteering Club”)
- Credit Card “not” accepted at event
STEP #3: WAIVER
Every participant must have a completed waiver prior to competing. If the participant is under 18, the waiver must be signed by their parent or legal guardian.
- Have all waivers completed and signed
- Scan all waivers into a single PDF and upload the file to Jones Forest Waivers
- Under Drive click on + New then select File/Folder upload
- Waivers can be email the registrar at the contact form below.
Issues or Questions? Fill out our contact form and we’ll help you.
Groups of 4 or more will be asked to leave a driver’s license with the Registrar as a deposit for the rented E-punches
“E-punch (Si Card)” Rented and not returned: Replacement fee $30