NEW! Meet Director’s Notes
NOTE: VERY WET FOREST CONDITIONS
Prepare for wet feet and mud on all courses. Bring a change of socks and footwear. Anticipate some mud at the Meet Headquarters. Creeks are small and passable. The ground is soggy in flat terrain throughout the forest. Standing water exists in low spots and in flat terrain throughout the forest and on the dirt-bike trail and on the jeep road approaching the Finish line.
Race day registrations are limited to maps on hand. Maps are printed based on “online” registration numbers.
Wednesday, 24 January 2024, 8:00 PM Registration and Payment Deadline
Friday, 26 January 2024, 5:00 PM Waivers Submittal Deadline
Saturday, 27 January 2024
8:15 AM Registration Check-In Opens
9:15 AM Beginner Orienteering Class
9:50 AM Registration Closes
10:00 AM First Start
Type – Standard Point-To-Point Courses
Courses Available – White, Yellow, Orange, Brown, Green, Red
Course Time Limit – 3 hours
Map – 1:10,000, 2.5-meter contour interval
Terrain – Rolling, wooded terrain crossed by small streams. The woods are mostly old growth with moderate amounts of undergrowth. There is a sparse trail network. The White and Yellow courses may follow streams and include following taped routes through the forest. Taped routes will be shown on the map with pink dashed lines, and in the forest they will be marked with pink surveyor’s tape.
- Competitive Orienteers are required to use E-Punch (SI Card) and are eligible for medals
- Recreational/Map Hikers are NOT required to use E-Punch and are NOT eligible for medals
- If you do not have an E-Punch, HOC rentals may be available for $5
- Individuals and groups will be asked to leave a driver’s license with the Registrar as a deposit for the rented E-punches
- $30 Replacement fee for rented punches not returned
- For more information or to make an E-Punch purchase, contact the SPORTident.us website http://sportident.us
We use an online registration system for our entries
- All Group leaders should register all of their participants (do not have parents register participants)
- Leaders should arrange to pay for all of their participants
- Group Registration-Tutorial
- Individual Registration -Tutorial
STEP #1: REGISTER
STEP #2: PAYMENT
- Payment/Refund Policy: Please read
- Pay online with Credit Card or PayPal account (if making a payment for a group “Name associated with payment” is the group name)
- Checks must be received by 1/24/2024. Normal mailing by 1/19/2024 from the Houston area will get to the destination by 1/24/2024
- Mail checks payable to Houston Orienteering Club, c/o Nancy Niemann, 11 Paradise Trl, Coldspring, TX 77331
- No payments will be accepted at the event.
STEP #3: WAIVER
Every participant must SUBMIT a completed waiver prior to competing. If the participant is under 18, the waiver must be signed by their parent or legal guardian.
- Have all waivers completed and signed
- Scan all waivers into a single PDF and upload the file to Stubblefield Waivers
- Under Drive, click on + New then select File/Folder upload
- Waivers can be emailed to the registrar at ContactHOC@orienteeringusa.org