Competitors and Recreational/Map Hikers must preregister online. Maps are printed based on online registration numbers.
All entrants must complete a waiver prior to participation. Any individual under 18 must have their parent/guardian sign the waiver.
ALL PAYMENTS ARE CONTACTLESS. NO PAYMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED IN PERSON.
Payments must be received in advance by the closing of online registration by Wednesday 11 October at 8:00 PM, by Check, PayPal, or Zelle. No payments will be accepted at the event. You will be turned away for nonpayment, and you will not be allowed to participate in the event.
WAIVERS MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY BY FRIDAY, 13 OCTOBER 2023, 8 PM
WEDNESDAY, 11 OCTOBER 2023, 8 PM Registration Closes, Payment Deadline
FRIDAY, 13 OCTOBER 2023, 8 PM Waiver Submittal Deadline
SATURDAY, 14 OCTOBER 2023
9:00 AM Check-In Opens
10:15 AM Beginners Clinic
10:50 AM Check-In Closes
11:00 AM Mass Start for Score O
Type – Score O
Scoring – Individual & Teams
Course Time Limit – 1 hour
Punching – Electronic Punch (SportIdent)
Map – 1:7,500, 2.5m contour interval, 2018
Terrain – An urban park primarily open fields
Location – Tom Bass Regional Park Section I, Houston, TX
- All Group leaders should register all of their participants (Do not have parents register participants.)
- Leaders should arrange to pay for all of their participants.
- If parents are to pay for individual participants, they should check with the group leader for the individual price.
Step #1: Register & login
STEP #2: PAYMENT
- New! Payment/Refund Policy: Please read! Here
- Pay online with a Credit Card or PayPal account
- Checks must be received by 10/11/2023. Normal mailing by 10/06/2023 from the Houston area will get to the destination by 10/11/2023
- Mail checks payable to: Houston Orienteering Club – To be determined (contact us)
STEP #3: WAIVER
Every participant must have a completed waiver prior to competing. If the participant is under 18, the waiver must be signed by their parent or legal guardian.
- Once you have all waivers completed and signed, then….
- Scan all waivers into one PDF and upload the file to Tom Bass 2023 waivers
- Under Drive click on +NEW then File upload
- After completing the step above, email the registrar that you have up loaded your waivers
*”E-Punch borrowers” will be asked to surrender a driver’s license for receipt of E-Punch(s) until returned
* “E-Punch (SI Card)” Borrowed and not returned: Replacement fee $30