Information is tentative and subject to change
Race day registrations are limited to maps on hand. Maps are printed based on “online” registration numbers.
Saturday, 22 Feb 2020
8:30 am Registration Opens
9:20 am Beginner Orienteering Class
10:00 am Mass Start for Score O
11:30 pm Awards Ceremony (tentative)
Type – Score O
Courses Available – Individual
Course Time limit – 1 hour
Punching – All -E-Punch
Map – 1:10,000, 2.5m contour interval
Terrain – A moderately dense network of trails and forest roads in forested terrain with slight elevation. The woods vary from being very dense to quite open. Water pools significantly in this terrain so a change of shoes and socks is recommended.
Location – WG Jones State Forest, Conroe, TX
Directions – To be published
Awards – Individual by gender and teams by group (top scores from each group)
|Online||Online||At Event||At Event|
|Member||Non Member||Member||Non Member|
|Epunch Borrower||$13||$ 15||$18||$20|
|Epunch Owner||$ 8||$10||$13||$15|
REGISTRATION – ONLINE – WHY & HOW?
We have moved to an online system to modernize and streamline the process for our volunteers. First Timers: In order to register you must first create an account. Individuals: Choose an existing club “Houston Orienteering Club.” Groups: Schools or groups must also create a club. Visit here to learn the system. Fill out our contact form if you have any questions or issues.
- All Group leaders should register all of their participants. (do not have parents register for group participants)
- Leaders should arrange to pay for all of their participants.
- If parents are to pay for individual participants, they should check with the group leader for the proper individual fee.
REGISTRATION OPEN: TBA!
REGISTRATION CLOSES FEBRUARY 20, 2020 – 8:00 PM!
LOGIN & REGISTER!!!
STEP #2: PAYMENT
- New! Payment/Refund Policy: Please read ! HERE
- Do not make payment without registering first
- Pay online with Credit Card or PayPal account
- Pay at event: (make checks out to Houston Orienteering Club)
- Credit Card “not” accepted at event
STEP #3: WAIVER
Every participant must have a completed waiver prior to competing. If the participant is under 18, the waiver must be signed by their parent or legal guardian.
- Once you have all waivers completed and signed
- Scan all waivers into 1 PDF and upload the file to Jones Forest Waivers
- Under Drive click on + New then select File/Folder upload
- After completing the steps above, email the registrar that you have uploaded your waiver.
Use HOC’s Contact form if you have any questions or problems.
- “E-punch (Si Card)” Borrowed and not returned: Replacement fee $30
Initial Information posted: 5MAY19